THE NEW INN was formally an 18th century Coaching Inn and farmhouse combined, Providing accommodation and nourishment for the weary travellers passing through what was once Needwood Forest. The disforestation happening around 1801.
We believe itís Alfred Macey and his 3 sons
Records show an Inn on this site from around 1760. Then named the Moseley Arms. The true age of the building can be seen by its still intact Bake Oven in the corner of the restaurant. And the long forgotten third floor, with its old wooden doors and ornate wooden locks; The larder room with its numerous hooks for hanging game from the ceiling, and the elaborate network of strings and pulleys below the floor boards which operated the bell ringers, are just another reminder of its history.
The New Inn is situated 4 miles west of Burton On Trent, and
3 miles north of Barton Under Needwood.
History of the